US Military Awards and Decorations
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Awards and Decorations[edit | edit source]
Information on the issuance or replacement of 20th Century military service medals, decorations and awards from the National Archives is available on their Military Awards and Decorations page.
- Congressional Medal of honor, The Distinguished Service Cross and the Distinguished Service Medal. Issued by the War Department Since April 6, 1917 ... November 11, 1919. Washington: Government Printing Office, 1920
- Decorations United States Army, 1862-1926. Supplement II 1939
- Decorations United States Army, 1862-1926. Supplement III 1940
Medal of Honor[edit | edit source]
- Sketches of soldiers who received the Medal of Honor are available in:
- The U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs Report "Medal of Honor recipients, 1863-1978 : In the name of the Congress of the United States" (Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office, 1979) (FHL film 1598044 item 1) (Worldcat) contains historical background about the Medal of Honor and descriptions of soldiers receiving the medal. Entries can include name, rank, organization data and place, date entered service, birth date, date of issue, and citation.
- The U.S. Army Center of Military History lists Medal of Honor Recipients from the above publication online. The site also lists Medal of Honor recipients from 1979-2008.
Awards and Decorations by Conflict[edit | edit source]
- Colonial Wars, 1607 to 1763
- Revolutionary War, 1775 to 1783
- War of 1812, 1812 to 1815
- Mexican War, 1846 to 1848
- Civil War, 1861 to 1865
- Indian Wars, 1780's-1890's
- Spanish-American War, 1898
- Philippine Insurrection, 1899 to 1902
- World War I, 1917 to 1918
- World War II, 1941 to 1945
- Korean War, 1950 to 1953
- Vietnam War, 1964 to 1972