Turlock California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Turlock Family History Center is open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 10 am to 2 pm, and evenings 6:30 to 9pm, and Saturdays by appointment. The center has experienced staff, 10 computers, microfilm readers and many research books to help you search for your ancestors. We recomend that for groups over six and Saturdays that you call for an appointment 209 648 2354 or 209 277-0498.
- 4300 Geer Rd Turlock CA 95382 United States
- The Center is located in the back of the north building.
- Our entrance is across from the pavilion.
- Tuesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:10:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:10:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Saturdays: by appointment
- Sundays: 2:30 to 5pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed on the following Holidays
First Sunday in April and October
First two weeks of July
Last two weeks of December
New Years Day
Calendar and Events
- 1 Upcoming Events
- 2 Class Schedule: For groups of six or more, please call for an appointment. Diane Westmoreland 209 648 2354
- 3 Staff & HPG Leader Training Meetings: Third Saturday of the month at 10 am
- 4 Center Resources
- 5 Center Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Our Library has a large selection of books on the Central Valley Area as well as many states and family books.
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Class Schedule: For groups of six or more, please call for an appointment. Diane Westmoreland 209 648 2354
Staff & HPG Leader Training Meetings: Third Saturday of the month at 10 am
We have twelve computers for your use and two copy machines.
We have a scanner that can scan photos directly to your FamilySearch account.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
England, Denmark, Portuguese, Spanish, American
Resources in the Local Area
Our Library has a large selection of books on the Central Valley Area as well as many states and family books.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
Please call Diane Westmoreland if you are interested in volunteering at our center, 209 648 2354