Turkey For Further Reading
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Turkey Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Behar, Cem. The 1300 (1883) and 1332 (1905) Tahrirs as Sources for Ottoman Historical Demography. Bebek, Istanbul: Boaziçi Üniversitesi, [1984?].
- Green, Arnold H. “Sources in the Arab World for Genealogy and Family History,” World Conference on Records. Vol. 11 - Asian and African Family and Local History, Series no. 909. Salt Lake City: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1980.
- Heper, Metin. Historical Dictionary of Turkey. (European Historical Dictionaries, No. 2). Metuchen, NJ: Scarecrow Press, 1994.
- Karpat, Kemal H. Ottoman Population 1930-1914: Demographic and Social Characteristics. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press, 1985.
- Krikorian, Mesrob K. Armenians in the Service of the Ottoman Empire. Boston, Routledge Direct Edition 1977.
- Levy, Avigdor. The Sephardim in the Ottoman Empire. Princeton, NJ: Darwin Press, 1972.
- Missir, Livio A. “Roman Catholic Church Records in Turkey: How to use them for Genealogy and Family History,” World Conference on Records. Vol. 11 - Asian and African Family and Local History, Series no. 904. Salt Lake City: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 1980.
- Shay, Mary Lucille. The Ottoman Empire from 1720 to 1734. Urbana: University of Illinois Press, 1944.
- Stewart, Desmond. Turkey. New York: Time Incorporated, 1965.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Family History Department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, “Family History Record Profile: Turkey,” Word document, private files of the FamilySearch Content Strategy Team, 1998.