Tulsa Oklahoma East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 12110 E Seventh St Tulsa, OK 74128
- Entrance to the center is located on the southwest corner of the building. If the doors are locked, press the button on the intercom box located next to the door. The entrance to the building is wheelchair accessible. **THE FAMILY HISTORY CENTER IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - we hope that all staff and patrons will be safe until we are able to reopen **
Phone: 918-938-5901 [this number is currently out of service … you may call the Director for information]
FHC Director: Juli Bulleigh - (918) 991-5854
- Tuesdays: 9:00am-1:00pm and 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursdays: 9:00am-1:00pm and 5:30pm-8:30pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturdays: 9:00am-12:00pm
- New Years Eve and New Years Day
- Memorial Day Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend
- Thanksgiving Week
- New Years
- In the event of severe weather or dangerous driving conditions the Center will be closed. It is always a good idea to call ahead to be certain that someone is there.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
We are planning to create a "virtual family history conference" which will be available by September, 2021. This will include classes and presentations that can be viewed on-demand. Details will be posted here as they become available.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Temple and Family History Consultant Training Classes:
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions but can be used without charge while present in the Family History Center.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 4 computers for the use of patrons; 1 microfiche reader; 2 microfilm readers.
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
1. Tulsa Genealogical Society Tulsa, OK 74101-0585
The TGS Research Library Collection is now housed at NSU-BA located at 3100 South New Orleans (also known as East 101st Street) in Broken Arrow. Hours can be accessed here.
For information concerning meeting times of the Society, please visit the TGS Website.
2. Tulsa City County Library Genealogy Center (located in the Hardesty Regional Branch of the Library) 8316 E. 93rd ST
Tulsa, OK 74133
Manager/Coordinator: Kathy Huber
Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Using the FamilySearch Research Wiki: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
- Family History Library Classes and Webinars • FamilySearch
- BYU Family History Library Classes and Webinars
- Four Videos For Beginners To Help You Get Started
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]