Truro St Mary, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to Truro St Mary, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Truro St Mary, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Truro|
|Parish registers: 1597|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1609|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
TRURO (St. Mary), a borough, port, market-town, and parish, and the head of a union, locally in the W. division of the hundred of Powder, W. division of Cornwall, 43 miles (S. W. by W.) from Launceston, and 250 (W. by S.) from London. There are places of worship for Baptists, Bryanites, the Society of Friends, Independents, and Methodists of the Old and New Connexion.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Truro St Mary, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Truro St Mary, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1597-1717, 1722-1901|| |
|FS PRs||1597-1901||1597-1906||1597-1901, 1940-1948|
||1790-1812; 1790-1802 (banns)||
Truro St Clements parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Truro St Clements Parish Online Records|
Truro St George parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Truro St George Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1847-1903||1847-1873, 1899-1907; 1886-1907 (banns)|
Truro St John parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Truro St John Parish Online Records|
Truro St Paul parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Truro St Paul Parish Online Records|
|FS PRs||1865-1906||1940-1944, 1968|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference:P 236
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for these parishes.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable websites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Truro St Mary in GENUKI
Truro St George in GENUKI
Truro St John in GENUKI
Truro St Paul in GENUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 395-398. Date accessed: 23 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Database Coverage,' Cornwall Parish Register Index, accessed 1 February 2014.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.