Treneglos, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to Treneglos, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish register transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Parish History[edit | edit source]
TRENEGLOS (St. Werburgh), a parish, in the union of Launceston, hundred of Lesnewth, E. division of Cornwall, 7½ miles NE by E from Camelford. 
Treneglos (Cornish: Treneglos (from "tre-an-eglos", in English literally 'Churchtown') St Gregory is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall. Warbstow, Cornwall was a chapelry of Treneglos. The church is at Treneglos at OS Grid Ref SX207881.
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
Treneglos, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Treneglos, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 230
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks[edit | edit source]
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish https://www.opc-cornwall.org/Par_new/t_z/treneglos.php
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Unions[edit | edit source]
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable websites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 390-392. Date accessed: 23 March 2013
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 22 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Digital Library.
- 'Parish Records,' TheGenealogist, accessed 22 May 2014.