Tracy California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Tracy Family History Center serves all members of the Tracy community as well as surrounding areas. Use of the center is free of charge and the center is open to the public.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 1981 Chester Drive, Tracy, CA 95378-0125 (United States)
- The Family History Center is located in the hallway on the west side of the building. Parking is on three sides of the building. Access can be made through any entry door. If a door is locked during our open hours please ring the bell located at the northwest entry.
- Language: English (Spanish-speaking staff on Wednesday evenings)
- Tuesday: 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday: 6:30pm-9:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am-11:30am
- Sunday: 6:00pm-8:30pm
In 2018 the Tracy Family History Center is closed the following days:
Easter - Sunday, April 1
Mother’s Day - Sunday, May 13
Stake General Priesthood Meeting - Sunday, May 20
Memorial Day holiday - Sunday, May 27
Father’s Day - Sunday, June 17
Cub Scout Day Camp - Tuesday, June 12 – Thursday, June 14
Independence Day - Wednesday, July 4
Labor Day holiday - Sunday, September 2
Halloween - Wednesday, October 31
Thanksgiving - Tuesday, November 20 – Sunday, November 25
First Presidency Christmas Devotional - Sunday, December 2
Christmas - Tuesday, December 18 – Tuesday, January 1, 2019
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
At present there are no classes held at the Tracy Family History Center.
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
At present there are no staff meetings held at the Tracy Family History Center.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- We have the following equipment in the center to help you do your research: 9 computers with Internet access, 4 microfilm readers, 1 microfilm printer, a small photocopy machine, a large-screen wall-mounted TV for training purposes, and 2 printers. We also have a small collection of map books and other books on family history subjects. Note: there is a nominal fee for copies; all other services are free of charge.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
We have a Spanish-speaking staff member on Wednesday evenings. Many of our Temple and Family History consultants are well-versed in researching records in North and South America, the United Kingdom and Sweden. We are very interested to help you in other areas of your research as well.
Resources in the Local Area
[edit | edit source]
- About 16 miles away is the Manteca Family History Center, 6060 Northland Road, Manteca, California.
- About 50 miles away is the National Archives at San Francisco, California, at 1000 Commodore Drive, San Bruno, CA 94066-2350
Links[edit | edit source]
- The Tracy Press, our local newspaper Tracy Press, provides news coverage of our community and includes a section with obituaries.
- The Record newspaper from Stockton often carries Tracy news and includes a section with obituaries.
- City of Tracy website
- San Joaquin County website
- State of California website
Volunteer at the Center
[edit | edit source]
We are always looking for those wishing to volunteer in our center. If you have a desire to learn and share what you learn with others you are qualified for the work. You will be paired with experienced center staff who can teach you all aspects of the center and how to do research. Please send an email to CA_Tracy@ldsmail.net and you will be contacted. Additionally, feel free to stop in at the center any time it is open to discuss volunteering.
For help and guidelines for editing this page, see the Adding details to a FHC page article.