Toxteth Park, Lancashire Poor Law Union
History[edit | edit source]
On 24 June 1857 the Toxteth Park parishes left West Derby to become an independent Poor Law Parish.
Constituent Parishes[edit | edit source]
Toxteth Park, Lancashire,St Andrew Aigburth Road, St Andrew Reshaw Street, St Barnabas, St Bede, Toxteth Park St Clement, Lancashire, St Cleopas, St Gabriel, Toxteth Park St James, Lancashire, Toxteth Park St John the Baptist, Lancashire, St Margaret,St Matthew,
Toxteth Park St Michael, Lancashire, St Philemon, St Silas, Toxteth Park St Thomas, Lancashire
Records[edit | edit source]
• Liverpool Record Office and Local History Service, Central Library, William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 8EW. Relatively few records survive. Holdings include Guardians' minutes (1894-1922); Smithdown Road admission and discharge registers (1860-1869); Creed registers (1882-1954).
Websites[edit | edit source]
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?ToxtethPark/ToxtethPark.shtml Peter Higginbothams’s Workhuse website contains images and maps of the Union