Tipton Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location on Map: Location Map
Address: 30630 Highway 5 S Tipton MO 65081
- Older address - 31469 Hwy 5 ,in the country, about 2.5 miles south of Tipton on Hwy 5; or about 12 miles north of Versailles on Hwy 5.
- The Southwest entrance as you come into the church parking lot is the easiest way to enter the Family History Center. All signs relating to the Family History Center are posted on the door.
- Mailing Address is: P.O.Box 579, Tipton, Missouri 65081
- Language: English
Open Hours: New hours 1:30-5:00 PM Wednesday and Thursday,
- Wednesday: 1:30pm-5:00pm
- Thursday: 1:30pm-5:00pm
Other hours by appointment. Please call to schedule.
We are occasionally closed unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness, please call ahead.
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference. Closed Christmas and New Years Day weeks.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
- We have several volumes of Missouri history and a good working relationship with Historical Societies in Moniteau, Morgan and other surrounding counties.
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment[edit | edit source]
- 3 computers networked to 3 printers (1 color); and local wireless internet access for your laptop, etc.
- We have 1 microfiche and 2 microfilm readers (no printers, sorry.) and a written catalog of the fiche and film collections we have available onsite.
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
We have staff who can assist you from the very beginning with pedigree and family group sheets; those who can assist you with most types of on-line research; and those who can help you learn to use Personal Ancestral File (PAF) or other genealogy software, and how to use FamilySearch.org's family tree function most effectively. All assistance is free (there is a charge for paper copies or for CD copies).
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Call us for specific local resources and the times they are available.
Links[edit | edit source]
(We are working on this, more will be coming soon)
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Please contact Treava Snyder, FHC Director, (at 660-668-4509 or 660-221-6618) if you have a special interest or talent; or if you would like to volunteer in some other way at the center. We can always use additional help