Threapwood, Flintshire Genealogy
A guide to genealogy in Threapwood, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
The ecclesiastical parish of Threapwood was formed in 1817, from parts of the parishes of Worthenbury, Wrexham, then in Flintshire and Malpas, in Cheshire. It was initially in the English Diocese of Chester, but was transferred to the Welsh Diocese of St. Asaph, by an Order in Council, on 30 July 1849.
In 1896, under the County of Chester (Threapwood) Order, the county and national boundary, which passed through the village, was adjusted slightly to place the village in Cheshire.
By order of the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, the parish was transferred back to the Diocese of Chester on 22 April 1920,
For information and records about this place, see Threapwood, Cheshire.
Maps and Gazetteers
- Threapwood at Vision of Britain