Thelveton, Norfolk Genealogy
Guide to Thelveton, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Depwade|
|Parish registers: 1538|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1698|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
THELVETON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Depwade, hundred of Diss, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (E. by N.) from Diss. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Thelveton, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Thelveton, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1539-1639, 1721-1901||Undefined||1539-1639, 1721-1902||Undefined||1539-1639, 1721-1901|
Images of this parish register are available on line in FamilySearch Historical Records. An error in loading has taken place and the images for Hunstanton, Norfolk are displayed under the Baptisms marriages and burials way point which is also incorrect for years in the images. The loading correction awaits future engineering.
|General register, 1539-1812 (baptisms, burials, 1539-1812; marriages, 1539-1753, 1783-1790; marriage banns, 1783-1790). Baptisms, 1813-1901. Marriages, 1755-1812; marriage banns, 1755-1814. Marriages, 1813-1902. Burials, 1813-1901. Marriage banns, 1825-1884, 1965. Churchwardens accounts, 1794-1862. Constables accounts, 1794-1836.|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1951635 Items 5 - 16
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Union
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place
- Norfolk: Thelveton on GenUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 321-326. Date accessed: 15 July 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.