Texas, United States Genealogy
|Texas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Guide to Texas ancestry, family history, and genealogy birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- This article is about the U.S. state. For other uses, see Texas (disambiguation).
Texas is a state located in the south central part of the United States. It is divided into 254 counties and its capital is Austin. Texas was admitted to the Union on 29 Dec 1845 as the 28th state. It was created from the Republic of Texas. 
Getting Started with Texas Research
Links to articles on getting started with Texas research.
Texas Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Texas research.
Texas Clickable Map
Many genealogy records are kept on the county level in the United States. Click on a county below to go to the county Wiki article listing more information.
Copyright 2005 Digital-Topo-Maps.com
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P R S T U V W Y Z
Texas Migration Routes
Colorado River (Texas)| · Pecos River| · Red River · Rio Grande · Sabine River| · Butterfield Overland Mail · Camino Real de los Tejas · Camino Real de Tierra Adentro · Chisholm Trail · Coushatta-Nacogdoches Trace · Jones Plummer Trail · Preston Trail · San Antonio-El Paso Road · Santa Fe Trail · Texas Road · Southern Pacific Railroad · Texas and Pacific Railway
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records - databases and record images on FamilySearch
- Family History Center locator map
- Cyndi's List - Texas genealogy sites on the internet
- Texas Genealogy Trails - collection of transcribed data for the state of Texas
- Access Genealogy – Genealogy guide for Texas
- Ancestorhunt.com - resources for Texas genealogy research
- Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness - Guide to Ancestry and Family Tree Records for Texas
- Texas Research Outline – Original Family History Library research outline; contains many out of date links
- The Portal to Texas History - created and maintained by the University of North Texas Libraries' Digital Projects Unit.
- Handbook of Texas Online - encyclopedia of Texas history, geography and culture.
- Every Name Index
- Wikipedia contributors, "List of US States by Date of Admission," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_date_of_admission_to_the_Union, accessed 31 Oct 2016.