Texarkana-New Boston Texas Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 3701 Moores Ln TexarkanaTX 75503 United States
- Parking closest to Center entrance is on the south-east corner of the building.
- Use the doorbell at the south-east corner door.
Closed week of Christmas
Closed when severe weather is present
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Last Thursday every month 2 pm
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 5 computers with access to the FHC Portal and the free premium family history software and websites. Also have 3 microfilm readers and 3 microfiche readers. We have microfilm and microfiche and numerous books, periodicals and maps. You can save data using USB Flash Drive or print with our printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- Resources for German and Spanish translation and research.
- Can assist Cub Scouts with Heritage Belt Loop and Pin, Boy Scouts with Genealogy Merit Badge
Resources in the Local Area
- Texarkana Genealogical Society
- Texarkana Historical Society
- Texarkana Public Library
- Southwest Regional Archives located at Old Washington Arkansas
- Little River Genealogical Society, Ashdown AR
- New Boston TX Genealogical Society
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center
- Contact the FHC for information if interested in volunteering.