Temple View New Zealand Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Open free-of-charge to the public, the Family History Centre in Temple View is located at the back of the church building on Foster Road in the Temple View suburb of Hamilton. Facilities available include internet access, microfilm readers and a microfilm ordering service, microfiche readers and a large collection of microfiche, and a good number of published family trees.
- 1 Centre Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Staff Training Meetings:
- 4 Centre Resources
- 5 Centre Services
- 6 Resources in the Local Area
- 7 Links
- 8 Volunteer at the Centre
Centre Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: Foster Road, Temple View, Hamilton, New Zealand
- Plenty of free parking, the access to the centre is around the back of the church building on Foster Road
Phone: 07 847 4326
- Mon 1pm-4pm
- Tue 10am-1pm
- Wed 10am-3pm, 7pm-9pm
- Thu 10am-1pm
- Fri 10am-1pm
- Sat 10am-12 noon
Holiday Schedule: Closed Statutory Holidays and for four weeks over Christmas and New Year. Please call to confirm opening hours if in doubt.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings:
- Held the first Friday of each month from 7pm-8pm. Training is for staff and anyone interested in Family History and Genealogical research
- Numerous published works on specific families
- Large collection of microfiche
- Collection of microfilm
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Fiche readers
- Film readers
- Computer printers (20 cents a copy)
- Photocopier (10 cents a copy)
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Centre
ALL staff at the Centre are volunteers. We welcome interest from others who might like to assist in the Centre. There must be two staff members available for the centre to open. An interest in Family History and a willingness to learn and follow protocol are the only requirements. Please contact us if you might be interested in assisting others who come to search out their ancestry.