Template:Soldier Homes K-M
From FamilySearch Wiki
|KS Fort Dodge||Kansas State Soldiers’ Home||1890-now||cemetery, cemetery||burials, burials, history, history, history, images|
|KS Leavenworth||Western Branch National Military Home||1885-1934||registers, residents, deaths||index, NPS site, cemetery|||
|KY Georgetown||Confederate Soldiers' Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum||1881-1883||Not at FHL|||
|KY Harrodsburg||Soldiers' Home||1848-1860?||Not at FHL||history footnote|
|KY Pewee Valley||Kentucky Confederate Soldiers' Home||1902-1934||cemetery, list, history||history, history, image,|||
|LA New Orleans||Soldiers’ Home of Louisiana a.k.a. Camp Nicholls Soldier's Home||1884-1944||registers, report||history, image|||
|ME Togus||Eastern Branch National Military Home||1866-1934||registers, cemetery||index, history, history, NPS site|||
|MD Pikesville (Sudbrook)||Maryland Line Confederate Soldiers’ Home||1888-1932||history||history|||
|MA Boston||Discharged Soldiers’ Home||1862-1869||Not at FHL||report, report|
|MA Chelsea||Soldiers’ Home||1882-now||Not at FHL||history|
|MI Grand Rapids||Michigan Soldiers’ Home||1886-now||applications, applications, graves, registers, burials||index, history, graves, graves, graves, cemetery|
|MN Minneapolis||Minnesota Soldiers’ Home a.k.a. Minnesota Veterans' Home||1888-now||cemetery||website, history, history|
|MS Biloxi||Beauvoir Confederate Soldier's Home a.k.a Jefferson Davis Beauvoir Memorial Soldiers' Home||1903-1957||cemetery, cemetery||index, list, history, history, history, history, cemetery|||
|MS Biloxi||Biloxi Home [National Home] a.k.a. VA Medical Center||1932-now||Not at FHL||history, cemetery, website|
|MS Gulfport||United States Naval Home||1976-now ||Not at FHL||website|
|MO Higginsville||Missouri Confederate Home||1891-1950||admissions, cemetery, history||burials, history, images, archives inventory|||
|MO St. James||Missouri State Federal Soldiers' Home||1896-now||index||website, images, history|
|MT Columbia Falls||Montana Soldiers’ and Sailors’ Home a.k.a. Montana State Soldier's Home||1897-now||cemetery||burials, history, description|
- Ford County Historical Society, "4th of July, 1890 Fort Dodge, Kansas Soldiers Home" at http://www.skyways.org/orgs/fordco/july.html (accessed 4 December 2009).
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Rosenburg, 28-29, citing Georgetown Weekly Times, July 13, November 30, 1881; November 14, 1883; "Confederate Soldiers' Home," "Subscribers to Confederate Soldiers' Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum," Kentucky State Archives, Frankfort; Southern Historical Society Papers, 11 (1883): 432.
- Rosenburg, 216, says the Kentucky State Archives, Frankfort, has a list of Subscribers to the Confederate Soldiers' Home and Widows' and Orphans' Asylum.
- Ulysses S. Grant, Personal Memoirs of Ulysses S. Grant (1885-1886; reprint, New York: Cosimo, 2007), 58-59 (note).
- Ruth Wright, "The Kentucky Confederate Home" in Sons of Confederate Veterans, John Hunt Morgan Camp 1342, Confederate Crossroads Online at http://johnhuntmorgan.scv.org/confhome.htm (accessed 23 November 2009).
- Rosenburg, 216, says the Kentucky State Archives, Frankfort, has Board of Trustees minutes, clothing issue book, commandant reports, hospital register, inmates register, miscellaneous reports, officer and employee payroll, physician and undertaker records, purchase ledgers, and rules and regulations.
- "New Orleans Know-It-All (December 11, 2001)" in BestofNewOrleans.com at http://bestofneworleans.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid:27331 (accessed 3 January 2010).
- Rosenburg, 216, says the Louisiana Historical Association Collection at the Howard-Tilton Memorial Library, Tulane Univ., New Orleans, has Board of Directors correspondence, House Committee reports, Investigating Committee reports, membership lists, minutes, President reports, reports 1886-1938, Secretary reports; clippings and pamphlets, financial reports, rules and regulations, Superintendent reports, and Surgeon reports.
- Maryland Historical Society, "Maryland Line Confederate Soldiers' Home Collection" at http://www.mdhs.org/Library/fotofind/PP0159lnk.html (accessed 4 December 2009).
- Maryland Historical Society, "Maryland Line Confederate Soldiers' Home" at http://www.mdhs.org/library/fotofind/PP0159lnk.html (accessed 4 January 2010) says the Maryland Historical Society, Manuscripts Department, has MS. 256, Maryland Line Confederate Soldiers' Home Record Books, 1882-1932.
- Associated Topeka Libraries Automated System catalog description citing Discharged Soldiers' Home (Boston, Mass.), "Sixth Annual Report of the Discharged Soldiers' Home [microform] : with the Constitution, By-laws, and a List of the Officers" (Boston: Press of Geo. C. Rand and Avery, 1868) at http://lib.wuacc.edu/search/o?19691777 (accessed 18 December 2009), and "Sixth Annual Report of the Board of State Charities of Massachusetts" (Boston, Mass.: Wright and Potter, 1870). Digitized by Google Books at http://books.google.com/books?id=APTJAAAAMAAJ (accessed 18 December 2009), 111-13.]
- Gerard W. Brown, Chapter 7: "The Soldiers' Home" in Chelsea, Postcard history series (Charleston, S.C.: Archadia Publishing, 2004), 99-108. Digitized by Google Books at http://books.google.com/books?id=cRs1pqiCcP0C&pg=PA99&lpg=PA99&dq=soldiers'+home+chelsea&source=bl&ots=vtU9d5PAtM&sig=0q-8ksoQQNRDh9AqYZ7q0q1RiEs&hl=en&ei=W51DS63XD438MIi1tY4J&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CAwQ6AEwAjge#v=onepage&q=soldiers'%20home%20chelsea&f=false= (accessed 5 January 2010).
- Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan, "Soldier's and Sailor's Homes Records" at http://bentley.umich.edu/research/genealogy/cw/soldiershome.php (accessed 7 January 2010).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Minnesota Veterans Home," Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Veterans_Home (accessed 3 December 2009).
- Beauvoir Confederate Soldier's Home at http://www.beauvoir.org/vetshome.html (accessed 31 December 2009).
- Rosenburg, 216, says the William D. McCain Library, Univ. of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, has Board of Directors correspondence, minute books 1920-1936, and reports, and the Mississippi Dept. of Archves and History, Jackson, has the register of inmates.
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs, "VA Gulf Coast Veterans Health Care System-About this Facility" at http://www.biloxi.va.gov/about/index.asp (accessed 7 January 2010).
- Western Historical Manuscript Collection-Columbia, "Missouri. Confederate Home, Higginsville, Records, 1897-1944 (C0066" at http://whmc.umsystem.edu/invent/0066.html (accessed 4 December 2009) lists correspondence, contracts, financial records, minutes, photographs, reports, cash books, farm accounts, journals, ledgers, and voucher registers are available in the Western Historical Manuscript Collection at the University of Missouri, Columbia.
- State of Missouri, Missouri Veterans Commission, "Our History" at http://www.mvc.dps.mo.gov/Administration/History/history.html (accessed 8 January 2010).
- http://montanahistorywiki.pbworks.com/National+Register+-+Flathead#MontanaStateSoldiersnbspHomenbspHistoricDistrict (accessed 8 January 2010).