|Tanzania Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Tanzania is a country in Africa bordered by the Democratic Republic of Congo (Zaire), Burundi, Rwanda, Zambia, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, and Mozambique. Portions of the country were formerly governed by Portugal and Germany. The official languages are Swahili and English.
Getting Started with Tanzania Research
Links to articles on getting started with Tanzania research.
Tanzania Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Tanzania research.
Genealogy records are kept on the region level in Tanzania. Tanzania is divided into 26 regions:
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
Religious Records =
- Endangered Archives: Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania in Moshi, Tanzania.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Tanzania," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanzania, accessed 20 April 2016.