Tampa Florida Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Tampa Family History Center is a facility of the Tampa Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We service the Tampa and surrounding area. All are welcome.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 7851 Lutz Lake Fern Rd Odessa FL 33556-4110 United States
- The entrance is through the double doors at the back of the church building.
- Wednesday: 9:00am-12Noon
- Thursday: 1:00pm-8:00pm
- Additional hours available by appointment
Center may close one hour early if no patrons are present.
Closed all major holidays.
- Over 10,600 microfilms in the Center
- Millions of records recorded on microfiche.
- FHC Portal The center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
4 Dell high speed computers with free access to premium family history sites that typically cost hundreds of dollars per year
4 microfilm readers including a digital imaging system to copy microfilm images to paper or flashdrive. Microfiche reader and four computers for public access to FamilySearch.
Staff Research Specialties
b. New Family Search, Georgia, Tennessee, US records
c. Mid-west, Mo, Ky Oh, etc., New England
d. NYC, Germany, helping beginning patrons
e. Systems, Caribbean, Latin, Europe, UK—no Ireland, Family history correspondence,organizational systems and skills, DNA
f. Family Search
h. Sicily, Tampa, Italy