Talk:Texas, Death Index, 1903-2000 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
finding more info from bare printout?
1. I went to the Texas death records
2. I put in my mother's name
3. I got out a (helpful) but sanitized printout: event: death, date:-----, etc.etc., certificate number: blank
4. I click on "about this collection"
5. a page comes up that seems to indicate that a lot of additional info is available but it is not obvious from the article HOW TO ACCESS IT! - perhaps the person writing the thing knows but it doesn't come across to the reader! - just FRUSTRATION!
6. How to access the source(s) of the entry? not just a list of what's (reported to be) available would be helpful! Whoever wrote this page is NOT a teacher!
- Try searching a different index or the actual records. There are multiple indexes and collections of death records for Texas.