Talk:Minnesota, United States Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Broken links have been fixed but there is a dead link on this page. The page could possibly use some updating.Lynda 17:25, 22 December 2011 (UTC)
Old INFO to be moved to other pages by Danielle
- MN was formerly claimed by France, Spain, the United Kingdom, Quebec, unorganized U.S., Northwest, Indiana, Louisiana, Illinois, Michigan, Missouri, Iowa, and Wisconsin territories.
- David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures.
- Minnesota State Archives immigration resources, birth index 1900-1934, death index 1904-2001, state census indexes for 1865, 1875, 1885, 1895, and 1905.
- Minnesota Official Marriage System is an index to marriages from 1850 to present (varies by county)
- Minnesota Encyclopedia sponsored by the Minnesota Historical Society
- USGenWebArchives - Online contributed Genealogical content.
- On-line Historical and Genealogical Societies of Minnesota - US Gen Net
- Genealogy Buff - Library - Minnesota Genealogy Data
- The United States Vessel Enrollments for the Great Lakes region. The transcriptions are from a project that involved an attempt to transcribe all steamboat enrollments for Great Lakes ports prior to 1861, all vessels for Detroit and Cleveland up to 1861, and Buffalo up to 1841 are included in the file. The set includes 5741 enrolments in which just under 2000 individual vessels are named, over 6000 people were identified.