Arbitration - To avoid discarding work, please review how to match records.
Click this link for examples on how to index these records
Presentation on how to Index Single Image Multiple Record Batches
Names - Which ones are to be indexed? Example
There are a couple things to watch for in this project:
- You don't have to account for blank lines - just skip over them to the next line. This also applies when the document has line numbers.
- Some lines have two names - make sure you add a record for the second name
- Do not index the terms, "for" and "Heirs"
- Use the Owner column for the Owner names, only. If there aren't any names in that column, make the document as No Extractable Data. Agents, administrators, etc. are not indexed.
- Enlarging the image is very helpful on this project.
- If a company is listed as Owner with stockholder names, do not index the Company name or the stockholders
- There will be some Texas Poll Tax records mixed in with these batches. Mark them as No Extractable Data and submit.
- Abbreviations "fmc" (free man of color) and "fwc" (free woman of color) should be indexed in the Titles or Terms field. If the name is completely spelled out and appears as Free Man of Color or Free Woman of Color, it is to be abbreviated as fmc/fwc and put in the Title and Term field.