Talk:England, Kent, Parish Chest (FamilySearch Historical Records)
In view of the publication of this collection, what incentive is there for any contributor to respond to the long standing invitation to add the parish chest details to the "Church Records" paragraph for a parish? Surely links to this collection on publication or England, Kent, Parish Registers and Bishop's Transcripts (FamilySearch Historical Records)
is more desirable in locating records not to mention more likely to attract contributions? Crescunt 20:50, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
- Should these links be added to the page? Lynda 17:19, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- An additional link has been added. You are welcome to add more links to the article. TimothyNB 02:07, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- This article is intended to describe the Kent, Parish Chest digital collection that is published in FamilySearch.org. It is a compliment to articles written to explain how to do Kent research.
- Feel free to add links from Historical Records wiki articles to other wiki articles and to websites.
- HoranDM 02:42, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- I certain that Probate, quarter sessions, electors, workhouse records are not classified as Parish Chest Records. Parish Chest refers to records kept by the parish. Donjgen 02:52, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
Parish Chest Records
Originally the digital collection contained quarter sessions and will records. Most of those records have been removed from the collection.
HoranDM 17:24, 11 February 2012 (UTC)