|Switzerland Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
Switzerland is a landlocked country in Western and Central Europe surrounded by France, Austria, Germany and Italy. Switzerland's east and central cantons are primarily German speakers, western areas include many French speakers, and Italian speakers are found in southern Switzerland. The Swiss Republic is now over 715 years old, making it the oldest republic in the world.
Getting Started with Switzerland Research
Links to articles on getting started with Switzerland research.
Switzerland Research Tools
Links to articles and websites that assist in Switzerland research.
Switzerland Clickable Map
Genealogical records are kept at the local level in Switzerland. Cantons:
Language Map of Switzerland
Below are FamilySearch resources that can assist you in researching your family.
- Facebook Communities - Facebook groups discussing genealogy research
- Learning Center - Online genealogy courses
- Historical Records
- Family History Center locator map
- Search page
- Introduction to Swiss Research
- Beginning Swiss Research Part 1
- Beginning Swiss Research Part 2
- Switzerland Research Strategies
- Swiss Census Records
- Swiss Chorgericht Records
- Swiss Names and Places
- Switzerland Records Online: Resources for Swiss Genealogy
- Calendar Changes in France, Germany, Switzerland, and the Low Countries
- Switzerland Compiled Genealogies
- Wikipedia contributors, "Switzerland," in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland, accessed 23 March 2016.