Sweden, Stockholm City, Miscellaneous Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of Sweden|
|Location of Stockholm, Sweden|
|Map of Sweden, 1810-1952|
|Title in the Language:||Sverige, Stockholm Stad, Övriga Poster|
|Sweden National Archives|
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
- 7 Citing This Collection
What Is in This Collection?
The collection consists of the following records from Stockholm city:
- Orphanage Records, 1713-1890
- Tax Assessments, 1711-1875
- Church Records, 1603-1930
Reading These Records
These records are in Swedish. For help reading these records see the following:
The information found in the records varies with each type of record. You may find any of the following:
- Date of event
- Type of event
- Parents names
- Birth, marriage, or death dates and places
- Physical description
- Biographical details
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know the following:
- Approximate date of the event
- Parish of residence
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Archive
- Select Series and title
- Select Volume and year to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details such as a title, an occupation, or land ownership. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
- Consult the Sweden Record Finder Table to find other records
What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for altered or abreviated forms of the names along with nicknames.
- Search the records of nearby parishes and localities.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- "Sweden, Stockholm City, Miscellaneous Records." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Stockholm City Archives, Stockholm, Sweden.