Sweden, Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
- 7 Citing This Collection
What Is in This Collection?
This collection contains Swedish Probate Records.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Swedish. For help reading these records see the following:
The records usually contain the following:
- Name of deceased
- Death date
- Inventory date
- Residence of the deceased
- Names of heirs, their ages, relationship to the deceased and residence
- Probate date
- Name of guardian of underage children or heirs, guardian's residence and relationship to his charges
|This image needs a translation.You can help by adding an English translation of the image. (Instructions)|
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- Name of the deceased
- Approximate death date
- Name of the court district (härad)
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Archive
- Select Series and title
- Select Volume and year to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
Consult the Sweden Record Finder Table to find other records
What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Look for an index.
- Search the records of nearby localities.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- “Collection Title.” Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing NARA microfilm publication (number). Archive location: Archive name, date published.