Sweden, Gävleborg, Gävle, Welfare Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
|This article describes a collection of records scheduled to become available at FamilySearch.org.|
|Gävle, Gävleborg, Sweden|
|Flag of Sweden|
|Location of Gävle, Gävleborg, Sweden|
|Map of Sweden, 1810-1952|
|Title in the Language:||Sverige, Gävleborg, Gävle stad, Välfärd Poster|
|Gavle City Archives|
- 1 What is in This Collection?
- 2 Collection Content
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- 6 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
- 7 Citing This Collection
What is in This Collection?
The collection consists of registers, lists, and interviews created by the Gävle city welfare board for the years 1860 to 1900.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are written in Language. For help reading these records see the following:
The records generally contain the following:
- Birth date or age
- Farm or village of residence
How Do I Search the Collection?
To begin your search it is helpful to know:
- Identifying information such as age or birth date
View the Images
View images in this collection by visiting the Browse Page:
- Select Archive
- Select Series and Title
- Select Volume and Year to view the images.
How Do I Analyze the Results?
Compare each result from your search with what you know to determine if there is a match. This may require viewing multiple records or images. Keep track of your research in a research log.
What Do I Do Next?
When you have located your ancestor’s record, carefully evaluate each piece of information given. Save a copy of the image or transcribe the information. These pieces of information may give you new biographical details. Add this new information to your records of each family. You should also look for leads to other records about your ancestors.
Consult the Sweden Record Finder Table to find other records
Tips to Keep in Mind
- There may be more than one person in the records with the same name.
- You may not be sure of your own ancestor’s name.
- Your ancestor may have used different names or variations of their name throughout their life.
What If I Can't Find Who I'm Looking For?
- Look for variant spellings of the names. You should also look for nicknames and abbreviated names.
- Search the indexes and records of nearby localities.
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection citation
- "Sweden, Gävleborg, Gävle, Welfare Records, 1800-1918." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : 2018. Gävle Welfare Board. Gävle stadsarkiv (Gavle City Archives), Gavle, Sweden.
When looking at an image, the citation is found on the Information tab at the bottom left of the screen.