Storm Lake Iowa Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The center was largely closed for much of 2015 and part of 2016 due to not having a director or consultants available. This has changed since July 2016! We are a small center but our staff is gradually expanding and are eager to help you with your family history.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 712 Highway 110 Storm Lake, IA 50588
- Language: English
FHC Director: Roy Grant
- Thursday: 7:00pm-8:30pm and by appointment. Best to call first to be sure.
- By appointment
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Book Collection: History of Buena Vista County
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 2 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 2 large touchscreen computers with fast internet connection, printer/scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)