Stockholm City, Stockholm, Sweden Genealogy
Guide to Stockholm City, Sweden ancestry, family history, and genealogy: birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Back to Sweden
FamilySearch Wiki is a community website dedicated to helping people throughout the world learn how to find their ancestors. Through the Stockholm City page you can learn how to find, use, and analyze the records of Stockholm which are of genealogical value. The content is variously targeted to beginners, intermediate, and expert researchers.The Stockholm City Page is a work in progress, your contributions and feedback are essential!
For many years there have been a number of indexes to certain parish registers in Stockholm city. These registers have been in book form, found within the reading room of the city archive. The indexes are organized alphabetically by surname. Each index has been scanned into a PDF format for online access. Read More...
- Roteman System
Did you know?
The Eric's Chronicle claims that Birger Jarl (around the 1250's) founded Stockholm. Its foundation and growth are linked to the German trade expansion in the Baltic region. Trade houses in Lübeck opened branches in Stockholm during the 13th Century. In the 1280’s, a city government with a mayor and councilors was set up in Stockholm, following a German model.
- City Archives Collection Database
- Child and Youth Homes in Stockholm
- FamilySearch Digital Images for Stockholm City and County
- Find a Grave in Stockholm, Sweeden
- Indexed Church Records
- Indexed Tax Records (Mantalsböcker)
- Magistrate and City Court Records Database (Tidigmoderna Konkurser)
- Maps and Drawings
- Parishes Pages for Stockholm City
- Probate Indexes are available using the search words "Digitaliserade register" in SVAR
- Roteman Database 1878 - 1926
- Stockholm Population Registers 1800 - 1881
- Type the Letters Å, Ä, and Ö