Staunton, Worcestershire Genealogy
Guide to Staunton, Worcestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Newent|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Worcestershire Record Office|
STAUNTON (St. James), a parish, in the union of Newent, Lower division of the hundred of Pershore, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 8 miles (N. by W.) from Gloucester.
Also known as Staunton near Ledbury.
Also known as Staunton near Newent.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Staunton, Worcestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials (Ancestry) - (£)|
|DEAN = Forest of Dean Family History Trust - free|
|ROOT = RootsWeb - free|
|Staunton, Worcestershire Genealogy Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 16 October 2013.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 17 June 2016. Described as 'Staunton, near Ledbury.'
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 22 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 21 June 2016.
- 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 28 June 2016.
- 'Transcript Summary,' Forest of Dean Family History Trust, accessed 22 July 2016. The Forest of Dean Family History Trust's 'policy is not to show records within the following cut off years - Baptisms 90 years, Marriages 70 years, Burials 30 years.'
Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.