State College Pennsylvania Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 842 Whitehall Road, State College, PA 16801 United States
- When coming in the driveway look for the brown sign for the Family History Center - continue all the way around to the opposite side of the building
- Enter the first door on the left.
- Wednesday: 5pm - 8:30pm
- Tuesday: 10 am - noon, by appointment only. Call 814-308-8467
Holiday Schedule: open Dec 13, 2017. Then closed until we reopen on January 3, 2018.
Closed: Week of July 4: Last week in August: Last two weeks in December through January 1st: Center closes when State College District public schools close because of inclement weather or when a Winter Weather Advisory is in effect.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Microfilms. Books, a good collection of Centre County and Pennsylvania titles, also a collection of Virginia reference books and some other states.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Computers, printer, readers for microfilm and microfiche.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)