St Mary Bourne, Hampshire Genealogy
Guide to St Mary Bourne, Hampshire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Mary Bourne, Hampshire|
|Poor Law Union||Whitchurch|
|Parish registers: 1661; For more records see Hustbourne Priors|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1758|
|Probate Court||Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of Hurstbourne Priors with St Mary Bourne; Post-1844 - Courts of the Bishop (Episcopal Consistory) and Archdeaconry of Winchester|
|Location of Archive|
|Hampshire Record Office|
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson, described St Mary Bourne like this:
BOURNE-ST. MARY, a tything and a parish in Whitchurch district, Hants. The tything lies near the Southwestern railway, 3 miles NW of Whitchurch; and has a post office under Andover. The parish includes also the tythings of Binley, Egbury, Stoke, Swampton, Jamaica, and Week..
| This section requires expansion with:
a summary overview of the history of this parish.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Mary Bourne parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|GENUKI = GENUKI - free|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PALL = Pallot's Marriage Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|ST MARY BOURNE PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Hampshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.|
- John M. Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales, 1870. Date accessed: 5 June 2103.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Over 1.4 million new Hampshire parish records published', Find My Past, accessed 3 October 2013. Date ranges are not clearly identified.
- 'Hampshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 23 September 2013.
- Phillimore Hampshire Parish Marriage Registers, Vol. 1 (1900). Digitised by GENUKI - free.
- 'Hampshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online. Indexes males only.
- 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 2 October 2013.