St Ive, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to St Ive, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Ive, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Liskeard|
|Parish registers: 1683|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1614|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
IVE, ST., a parish, in the union of Liskeard, Middle division of the hundred of East, E. division of Cornwall, 4¼ miles (W. S. W.) from CallingtonThere is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
The church was built around 1338. The pulpit is from the 17th century and has some fine carving of mermaids and there are angels on the ceiling. In the porch there is a holy water stoup and the sundial over the entrance is dated 1695. Like most churches St Ive underwent a 'modernisation' in Victorian times. This was conducted in 1883 -1884 under the direction of Sir Medley Fulford
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
St Ive, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Ive, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1778-1841, 1864-1927|| |
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 90
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Poor Law Union
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable websites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
St Ive on GENUKI
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 628-631. Date accessed: 06 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 21 November 2013.