St Enoder, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to St Enoder, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Enoder, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||St Columb Major|
|Registration District||St Columb|
|Parish registers: 1570|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1609|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
ENODER, ST., aparish, in the union of St. Columb, partly in the hundred of Powder, and partly in that of Pyder, county of Cornwall, 2¾ miles (N. E.) from St. Michael's. The Bryanites and Wesleyans have places of worship. There were formerly two chapels in the parish; the fields in which they respectively stood are called the Chapel Meadows. |
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
St Enoder, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Enoder, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
||1597-1810 (gaps)|| |
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 56
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable websites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
St Enoder in GENUKI
- Lewis, Samuel A.,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 177-181. 15 March 2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Database Coverage,' Cornwall Parish Register Index, accessed 1 February 2014.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.
- Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.