St Dominic, Cornwall Genealogy
Guide to St Dominic, Cornwall ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|St Dominic, Cornwall|
|Poor Law Union||Liskeard|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1607|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Cornwall|
|Location of Archive|
|Cornwall Record Office|
Parish History[edit | edit source]
DOMINICK, ST., a parish, in the union of Liskeard, Middle division of the hundred of East, E. division of Cornwall, 2¾ miles ESE from Callington. General overview 
Although known over the centuries as St Dominick, the spelling of the parish name at the beginning of the 21st century is changing to drop the final letter "K", so becoming St Dominic. 
Resources[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Church records[edit | edit source]
St Dominic, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|St Dominic, Cornwall Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Images of parish registers are available online at FamilySearch Images refer to Cornwall Record Office reference: P 50
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks[edit | edit source]
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish.
Census records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate records[edit | edit source]
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Cornwall Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable websites are:
- 1851 Jurisdiction Maps
- Vision of Britain
Websites[edit | edit source]
St Dominic in GENUKI
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 63-69.15 March 2013.
- Charitable trust GENUKI. Copyright © GENUKI 2001-2013.
- Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987).
- 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- 'Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- 'England, Cornwall and Devon Parish Registers, 1538-2010', FamilySearch, accessed 26 November 2013.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.