St. George Utah FamilySearch Library/Group Visits
Delete this page - it is old
SCHEDULING A VISIT
The FamilySearch Center is free and open to the public. Reservations are not required for individuals needing assistance with research or to attend training classes. However, the center's two computer classrooms can be reserved for group use. Please provide information concerning the intended purpose of your visit and training desired in order to arrange appropriate support staff.
Group Reservation Guidelines
A. Each person must have an LDS account in order to access FamilySearch and other programs at the Center.
- Those needing assistance in setting up an LDS account should arrive 20 minutes early and bring their LDS membership record number.
- Those under the age of 13 require parental authorization to set up an LDS account. (Either access to a parent via cellphone or have a parent in attendance.)
B. Group leader should assign an opening prayer at the beginning of the activity.
C. There is a breakroom at the Center if the group is bringing refreshments.
D. Classroom reservations are for 75 minutes.
E. Groups larger than 28 people should select both classrooms on the reservation form.
- Groups larger than 50 must call (435) 673-4591 and speak with the Center Director.
Examples of group classes:
1. Finding ancestor names to take to the temple using simple research techniques. (Find Take Teach)
2. Adding photos, stories, and memories to your family tree.
3. FamilySearch basic training.
4. Web Indexing.
Maintained by: Shanna Schaefermeyer
Last modified: 1/5/2018