St. George Utah FamilySearch Library/Classroom - Group Reservations
Group Reservation Guidelines[edit | edit source]
The FamilySearch Center is free and open to the public. Reservations are not required for individuals needing assistance with research or to attend training classes. However, the center's two computer classrooms can be reserved for group use. Please provide information concerning the intended purpose of your visit and training desired in order to arrange appropriate support staff.
A. Each person must have a FamilySearch account in order to access FamilySearch and other programs at the Center.
- Those needing assistance in setting up a FamilySearch account should arrive 20 minutes early and must have access to a personal email account or a personal cell phone with text messaging.
- To set up a FamilySearch account associated with and LDS account you must have your LDS membership record number.
- Those under the age of 13 require parental authorization to set up a FamilySearch account. (Either access to a parent via cellphone or have a parent in attendance.)
B. Group leader should assign an opening prayer at the beginning of the activity.
C. There is a breakroom at the Center if the group is bringing refreshments.
D. Classroom reservations are for 75 minutes.
E. Groups larger than 30 must call (435) 673-4591 and speak with a Center Coordinator.
Examples of group classes[edit | edit source]
1. Finding ancestor names for Temple work using simple research techniques. (Discover, Gather, Connect)
2. Adding photos, stories, and memories to your family tree.
3. FamilySearch basic training.
4. Web Indexing.
5. Any of the regular classes from the class schedule.
Setting Up a FamilySearch Account[edit | edit source]
FamilySearch accounts are free. Follow the steps defined on the link below to establish a new account.
Setting Up A FamilySearch Account
Last Modified: 12/11/2018 by Ronda Simmons