St. George, Conwy, Wales Genealogy
"A parish, comprising the divisions of St.George and Meifod, in the hundred of Isdulas, county of Denbigh; 2 miles (SE) from Abergele, on the road to Holyhead, and containing 376 inhabitants. ..... The parish is bounded on the north by the Irish channel, and about three miles from the village is the port of Rhuddlan."
(A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833-1849, Samuel Lewis)
The parish is also known as Kegidog, or Cegidog. The name, St. George, is generally believed to have been derived from Saint Siôr - not to be confused with St. George of England.
The ancient parish comprised the townships of Cegidog Uchaf, Cegidog Isaf, Dinorben, and Meifod.
In 1873, part of the township of Cegidog Isaf went to the new parish of Towyn.
For more information see:
|1536 - 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Conwy|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.