Springfield Missouri South Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
Location Map: Location Map
Address: 4450 S Farm Rd 141 (Cox Road), Springfield, MO 65810
- Please park on the south side of the church building. Ring the bell to the left of the doors for entrance to the center.
- Language: English
When Springfield Public Schools closes due to weather conditions, the Family History Center will be closed. Additional closures due to inclement weather are decided on a case by case basis. Efforts will be made to post those closures on the Wiki page. You can also call the FHC during normal hours at 417-889-2835 to confirm that the FHC is open.
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm evening hours contact your Ward Temple and Family History Consultant.
- Wednesdays: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
To make an appointment for other times, please contact the FHC in advance at 417-889-2835 and leave a message.[edit | edit source]
Closed all major holidays. The FHC will also close in the case of severe weather. The Family History Center is closed when Springfield Public Schools cancels school due to inclement weather (snow days).
Closures due to inclement weather will be posted here.
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
- Second Thursday of each month at 12 pm in the FHC
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- Many on-site microfilm resources are available for patron use.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- Many on-site microfiche and microfilm resources are available for patron use.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. The Portal includes access to :
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Alexander Street Press
- The American Civil War:
- Research Database
- Letters and Diaries
- Images, Photographs, Posters and Ephemera
- Social and Cultural History
- Women and Social Movements in the United States
- American Ancestors - Library Rights
- Ancestry - Institution Versions: U.S. | Australia | Canada | Germany | Sweden | United Kingdom
- ArkivDigital - If necessary, select " English " from the language drop-down menu in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Family Search Discovery Experiences
- FindmyPast - Institution Version
- The Genealogist - Gold- Level Subscription
- Kinpoint - Premium
- MyHeritage - Library Edition
- Newspaper Archive
- Paper Trail
- Puzzilla - Premium Services
- Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm Reader
- Microfiche Readers
- WIFI for Patron Owned Laptops
- Lexmark Scanner/Printer/Copier
Books and Magazines
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
- United States Census