Springfield Missouri Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Address: 1357 S Ingram Mill Rd, Springfield, MO 65804
- Located on East Bennett Street at Ingram Mill Road. Entrance is gained after ringing the bell at the south door.
- Language: English
- Use the above phone number during open hours, for after hours please leave a message.
- Tuesday: 10:00am-2:00pm and 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 5:30pm-8:30pm
Closed due to weather when Springfield schools close:
Closed 1st weekend in Apr/Oct for General Conference.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Patrons' Microfiche Collection -- a collection of fiche ordered by our patrons, assorted titles. Contain family histories, vital records, and other types of information.
- Indefinite Film Collection -- a collection of films on a variety of subjects, to include vital records, county records, court records, etc.
- Book Collection: --
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers
- 3 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)