Spokane Washington East Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 13608 East Belle Terre Ave Spokane WA 99206 United States
- Tuesday:10:00am-5:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
We occasionally close unexpectedly because of inclement weather or illness: Please call for information about unexpected alterations to our normal operation hours: Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events[edit | edit source]
Classes are open to anyone desiring to learn. Because space is limited, please sign up by calling the Family History Center (509-926-0551). If we are closed you may leave a message with your name and phone number.
Class Schedule: [edit | edit source]
- March 5, 2020, 7-8 pm "Memories" - Instructor - Julie Johnson
- March 12, 2020, 7-8 pm "Search Techniques" - Instructor - Gayle Crawford
- March 19, 2020, 7-8 pm "Transferring Ancestry data to Family Search" - Instructor - Gayle Crawford
- March 26, 2020, 7-8 pm "Searching non-indexed Images" (new feature in Family Search!) Instructor - Nancy Crawford
Staff Training Meetings
- Generally held the 3rd Saturday of each month. The next Staff Meeting is on Saturday March 21, 2020 at 2 pm.
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
- 11 computer workstations, 4 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 1 digital microfilm/microfiche reader with printer.
- The center has a classroom that will accommodate 12 to 15 students with computer projector and internet connection.
- The center has internet connection capabilities for 14 lap top computers
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Catalog
- 5,680 microfilm and microfiche, small reference library
- Many data bases and software programs available
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.Hardware and Equipment
Center Services[edit | edit source]
Staff Research Specialties[edit | edit source]
Resources in the Local Area[edit | edit source]
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
We have a need for more volunteers to work at our Family History Center! If interested, please call the Family History Center and ask to speak to one of the directors or call 509-251-6183.