To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Sunderland St John, Durham Genealogy

595 bytes added, 03:09, 24 March 2011
m
no edit summary
== Parish History ==
Sunderland St John Parish was created in 1875 from Sunderland Holy Trinity &nbsp;[[Sunderland,_Durham]] parish. The chapel of St. John, which stands at the head of Barrack-street, on a site given by Marshall Robinson, Esq., was built in 1769, chiefly at the expense of John Thornhill, Esq.; it is a spacious edifice of brick, with a square tower, and contains sittings for the soldiers in the barracks. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop; net income, £288.  From: 'Summercotes - Sustead', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 261-271. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51318 Date accessed: 24 March 2011.<br>
== Resources ==
Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
1,844
edits

Navigation menu