== Chapel History ==
Trinitywas an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Lancashire, created in 1816 from [[Preston St Wilfrid, Lancashire]] Ancient Parish.<br>
The church closed in the 1950's. The church was demolished in 1951. A car park now occupies the former location which is slightly west of the Ringway.<br>
The [chapelry] of the Holy Trinity is a neat stone edifice in the later English style, with a square embattled tower crowned by pinnacles; it was erected in 1814, at an expense of £9080, of which £4000 were donations, and the remainder was raised by general subscription... It lay within the civil parish boundaries of St John Preston.
Adapted from: 'Preston - Preston-Wynne', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 609-616. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51223 Date accessed: 20 July 2010.
== Resources ==