To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Yiewsley, Middlesex Genealogy

4 bytes removed, 16 October
m
Parish History: removed =, checked spelling
}}
=== Parish History ===
Yewsley Yiewsley, (or YiewsleyYewsley), eccl. dist. ecclesiastical district and vil.village, Hillingdon par.parish, Middlesex, 24 miles S. of Uxbridge, called Yiewsley.<ref>John Bartholomew [http://visionofbritain.org.uk/place/275 ''Gazetteer of the British Isles''] 1887. Adapted. Date accessed: 15 January 2014.</ref>
'''Additional information:'''
St Matthew Yiewsley was a chapel of ease and "was consecrated in 1858, and in 1874 (fn. 1) a separate parish of St. Matthew, Yiewsley, was formed from the southern portion of Hillingdon parish." [It lies within the civil parish boundaries of Hillingdon.] <ref>T F T Baker, J S Cockburn, R B Pugh (Editors), Diane K Bolton, H P F King, Gillian Wyld, D C Yaxley, ''A History of the County of Middlesex'': Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (England: 1971), p. 87-91. Online [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=22413| here].Date accessed: 29 October 2013.</ref>
=== Resources ===
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
9,449
edits

Navigation menu