== Introduction ==
There is no complete list of members who used PEF. Many members used the fund, and paid their debt; enabling other members to emigrate. However, in 1877 a list called Names of Persons and Sureties Indebted to the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company from 1850 to 1877 was created. This was a list of everyone who used PEF but had not paid their debt. Then as part of the Jubilee year of the Church, the "Worthy Poor" were forgiven their debt.
PERSONS AND SURETIES INDEBTED TO THE PERPETUAL EMIGRATING FUND COMPANY 1850 TO 1877 INCLUSIVE, has been digitized and may be downloaded at [http://archive.org/details/namesofpersonssu00perprich www.archive.org].
== Internet Sources ==
Two sites that will be helpful in searching for your ancestors who participated in the Perpetual Emigration Fund include the following:
'''Mormon Historic Sites Foundation''' - [http://www.mormonhistoricsites.org/ http://www.mormonhistoricsites.org]
**The foundation's Fall 2000 issue of "Mormon Historical Studies” included a reprint of a report that was published in 1877 titled, [http://archive.org/details/namesofpersonssu00perprich ''Names of Persons and Sureties Indebted to the Perpetual Emigrating Fund Company from 1850 to 1877 Inclusive'']." The authors were Richard L. Jensen and Maurine Carr Ward.
'''Tracing Mormon Pioneers'''- http://www.xmission.com/~nelsonb/pioneer.htm*The index of LDS pioneer ancestors on this website includes the pioneer names from the original 1877 publication in addition to many other records that document LDS pioneers.
== Family History Library Sources ==
* [http://www.xmission.com/~nelsonb/pef_his.htm The Emigrating Fund in Europe] (Source: ''Prelude to the Kingdom'' by Gustive O. Larson, Pages 155-167)
* [http://heritage.uen.org/resources/Wcd6fb3d6206c9.htm Heritage Gateways - Perpetual Emigration Fund (D.U.P. material)]
* [http://www.xmission.com/~nelsonb/mode.htm Mode of Conducting the Migration] - This article by church historian Andrew Jenson first appeared in
the LDS periodical, The Contributor, Volume 13 (1892) pages 181-185.
* [http://www.answers.com/topic/perpetual-emigration-fund Answers.com article about the Perpetual Emigration Fund]
* [http://www.lds.org/ldsfoundation/accelwork/humanintereststory/0,7989,1325--0-2235,00.html LDS Philanthropies – Family Gathers to Repay PEF]