To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Bridlington, Yorkshire Genealogy

1 byte removed, 22:12, 9 April 2014
m
Text replace - "Lewis, Samuel A." to "Samuel A. Lewis"
== Parish History ==
BRIDLINGTON, or Burlington (St. Mary), '''a parish''', and the head of a union, in the wapentake of Dickering, East Riding Yorkshire; comprising the townships of Bridlington, Buckton, Hilderthorpe with Wilsthorpe, and Sewerby with Marton, the hamlet of Easton, and the '''chapelries of Grindall and Speeton'''; the whole containing 6070 inhabitants, of whom 5162 are in the sea-port and market-town of Bridlington with Quay, 3310 being in the Town portion, and 1852 forming the Quay portion; 38 miles (E. N. E.) from York. Church of England records began in 1843. '''There are places of worship for 'Baptists', the 'Society of Friends, Primitive and Wesleyan Methodists, and Independents; and a Roman Catholic chapel, St. Joseph's, in St. Johnstreet.'''<ref>Lewis, Samuel A.Lewis, ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50828#s21 A Topographical Dictionary of England]''(1848), pp. 362-369 Adapted. Date accessed: 17 November 2013.</ref>
== Resources ==
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
407,282
edits

Navigation menu