To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Beeford, Yorkshire Genealogy

36 bytes added, 11:09, 7 November 2013
no edit summary
== Parish History ==
BEEFORD (St. Leonard), a '''parish''', chiefly in the union of Driffield, but partly in the unions of Bridlington and Skirlaugh, N. division of the wapentake of Holderness, East Riding Yorkshire including the townships of Beeford and Dunnington, and the '''chapelry of Lissett (St James).''' This place is of considerable antiquity, it being recorded in Domesday book that there was a church here at the time of that survey; which church was given, within a century after the Conquest, to the priory of Bridlington. There are places of worship for '''Independents''' and '''Wesleyans'''.<ref>Lewis, Samuel A., ''[http://www.british-history.ac.uk/source.aspx?pubid=445 Topographical Dictionary of England]'' publ. London: 1831. Adapted. Accessed November 7, 2013.</ref>
== Resources ==
{| width="500" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border="1" align="center"
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center" scopecolspan="col7" colspanscope="7col" | '''BEEFORD PARISH (1715) Online Records'''
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" | <br>
Moderator, Reviewer, editor, pagecreator
5,136
edits

Navigation menu