To request editing rights on the Wiki, click here.

Changes

Jump to navigation Jump to search

Huddersfield, Yorkshire Genealogy

154 bytes removed, 09:49, 28 October 2013
added to parish history
== Parish History ==
HUDDERSFIELD, [St Peter] '''a borough, market-town, and parish''', and the '''head of a union''', in the Upper division of the wapentake of Agbrigg, W. riding of York; comprising the chapelries or districts of Golcar, Lindley, Longwood, Paddock, Scammonden, Slaithwaite, and part of Marsden; 40 miles (S. W.) from York, and 189 (N. N. W.) from London. The parish comprises...Trinity district church... and Christ Church, ...named Woodhouse. ...Two places of worship have been opened for Independents. ...Here are also two for '''Wesleyans''', one of which was erected in 1819; one for the '''Society of Friends'''; one each for '''Primitive Methodists ''' and '''Methodists of the New Connexion'''; and a '''Roman Catholic chapel.From: 'Hoylake - Hugill', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 569-574. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51051 Date accessed: 28 October 2013' chapel. <ref>Lewis, Samuel A., [http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=51051#s13 ''A Topographical Dictionary of England''] (1848), pp. 569-574. Date accessed: 28 October 2013.</ref>
<br>  <br>
*Holy Trinity district church -1819
{| width="500" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" border="1" align="center"
|-
! bgcolor="#ffffcc" align="center" scopecolspan="col7" colspanscope="7col" | '''HUDDERSFIELD ST PETER PARISH (1562) Online Records'''
|-
| bgcolor="#ffffcc" | <br>
editor, pagecreator
2,924
edits

Navigation menu