Jump to navigation Jump to search
Added to Parish History
[[England]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Durham]]
== Parish History ==
Sunderland St John Parish was created in 1875 from Sunderland Holy Trinity [[Sunderland, Durham]] parish.
The chapel of St. John, which stands at the head of Barrack-street, on a site given by Marshall Robinson, Esq., was built in 1769, chiefly at the expense of John Thornhill, Esq.; it is a spacious edifice of brick, with a square tower, and contains sittings for the soldiers in the barracks. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop; net income, £288.
* Pallion, St. Luke 1869-1975 (EP/Pa)
FamilySearch Historical Records includes [[England, Durham Diocese, Marriage Bonds and Allegations (FamilySearch Historical Records)]]
===== Non Conformist Churches =====
==== Census records ====
==== Poor Law Unions ====
== Web sites ==
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.