Bath Record Office
Guildhall High Street
Bath, Somerset BA1 5AW UK
Telephone: 01225 477421
Website" Bath Record Office
- Bath Record Office collects and keeps safe historical records relating to Bath, and we make them available for research to all who wish to use them.
Somerset Archives and Local Studies[edit | edit source]
Somerset Archives and Local Studies
Somerset Heritage Centre
Taunton, Somerset TA2 6SF UK
uTelephone: 01823 278805 (enquiries) 01823 337600 (appointments)
Website: Somerset Archives and Local Studies
- Somerset Archives and Local Studies exists to find, preserve and make available written records of Somerset's people and communities.
Taunton, Somerset TA1 3XZ UK
Telephone: 300 123 2224
Website: Taunton Library
For a list of Somerset libraries, go to Libraries in Somerset.
The Museum of Somerset
Taunton, Somerset TA1 4AA UK
Telephone: 01823 255088
Website: The Museum of Somerset
- Set in the heart of Taunton, the Museum of Somerset lies within the 12th Century Taunton Castle and tells the county’s story from prehistoric times to the present day, using real objects, interactive games, eye-catching film projections and the words and voices of Somerset people, past and present.
Somerset Brick and Tile Museum[edit | edit source]
Somerset Brick and Tile Museum
Bridgwater, Somerset TA6 4DB UK
Telephone: 01278 426088
Website: Somerset Brick and Tile Museum
- The museum is dedicated to the local industry of brick and tile making, one of the many labour-intensive coal based industries once found in Somerset. The core of the museum is the only remaining tile kiln in Bridgwater. It used to be one of six at the former Barham Brothers’ Yard at East Quay. It was last fired in 1965, the year that the works closed.
Somerset Rural Life Museum[edit | edit source]
Somerset Rural Life Museum
Glastonbury, Somerset BA6 8DB, UK
Telephone: 1458 831197
Website: Somerset Rural Life Museum
- Visitors to the Glastonbury museum will be able to explore rural life from the 1800s onwards and discover more about the county’s heritage including its landscape, food and farming, working life and rural crafts.
For a long list of Somerset museums, go to List of museums in Somerset in Wikipedia.