Slovakia, Census, 1869 (FamilySearch Historical Records)
|Access the Records|
Slovakia, Census, 1869 .
|This article describes a collection of records at FamilySearch.org.|
|Flag of the Slovak Republic|
|Location of Slovakia, Slovakia|
|Record Type:||Census Records|
|Title in the Language:||Slovensko, sčítanie ľudu, 1869|
- 1 What Is in This Collection?
- 2 What Can These Records Tell Me
- 3 How Do I Search the Collection?
- 4 What Do I Do Next?
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Citing This Collection
- 7 How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
What Is in This Collection?
This collection contains images of census records from the year 1869. The original records are held in the regional archives of Bytča, Banská Bystrica, and Nitra.
Browse This Collection
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Slovakia, Census, 1869.|
Reading These Records
Because the collection consists of census records created during the period of the Hungarian Empire, the census forms in this record are written in both Hungarian and German. Most of the names and information are written in German.
What Can These Records Tell Me
Census Records usually include:
- Members of household
- Year and place of birth
How Do I Search the Collection?
Before searching, it is best to know the following information:
- Name of the person
- Place of residence
As you search, look for a record that matches this information.
View the Images
- Go to the Browse Page for the collection
- Click on the correct County link
- Click on the correct Municipality link to open the image viewer
- Use the onscreen controls to move between images as you look for a match
|More images are available in the FamilySearch Catalog at Slovakia Census, 1869. Some catalog records link to multiple references. In this case, click on a reference to find a camera icon to see images.|
What Do I Do Next?
I Found the Person I Was Looking for, What Now?
- Copy down all the information from the record.
- Cite the record; see below for help citing this records in this collection.
- Use the information to find the person in census or church records.
I Can't Find Who I'm Looking for, What Now?
- When looking for an individual with a common name, look at all the search results before deciding which is the correct person. Use other information, such as place of birth, age, occupation, or names of parents, to help with this decision.
- Try variations of given names and surnames. A person might have been listed under a middle name, nickname, or abbreviation of their given name.
- Vary the search terms. For example, expand the date range or search by either the given name or surname to return a broader list search results.
- Search the records of nearby locations.
Known Issues with This Collection
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached Wiki article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to email@example.com. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Citing This Collection
Citations help you keep track of places you have searched and sources you have found. Identifying your sources helps others find the records you used.
- Collection Citation
- "Slovakia, Census, 1869." Images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2017. Citing Magyar Statisztikai Hivatal.
- Image Citation
How Can I Contribute to the FamilySearch Wiki?
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.