Silesia Research Websites
|Silesia Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- 1 Online record collections
- 2 German genealogy on the wiki
- 3 BYU German research class, online, no charge
- 4 Germany Websites--Reference and Training
- 5 Research websites for Silesia (Schlesien)
Online record collections
See German Online Genealogy Records. Databases cover indexed Germany birth, marriage, and death records; biographies; cemeteries; censuses; emigration, immigration, and passenger lists; land records, military records, newspapers, obituaries, probate records, and town genealogies.
See Silesia (Schlesien) Online Genealogy Records for data about people who lived in Silesia (Schlesien). This online collection may include birth, marriage, and death records; biographies; cemeteries; censuses; emigration, immigration, and passenger lists; land records, military records, newspapers, obituaries, probate records, and town genealogies.
German genealogy on the wiki
See also Germany Genealogy wiki to learn about typical German records and tips for finding them.
BYU German research class, online, no charge
See also German Research, a free, in-depth online course through Brigham Young University, by Larry Jensen.
Websites that assist in finding and using genealogy records for German ancestors. [
Research websites for Silesia (Schlesien)
Archives and Libraries
- Catholic Diocese of Poland
- Information about churchbooks of Schlesien around 1900
- Addresses for Polish parishes
- Place name listing
- Kartenmeister Place name finder which provides German and Polish names of localities, as well as other researchers of that village
- Index of German-Polish and Polish-German names of localities in Poland and Russia
- List of Ortsfamilienbücher for Schlesien
- Data bases with focus on Kreis Militsch, Kreis Wohlau-Steinau, and Silesia (Schlesien) general
- PolishWorld.com site with lots of Polish information
- PolandGenWeb site
- Helpful databases for Polish research
- Historical Museum of Schlesien
- Digitized address books, historical and other items about Schlesien
- Digital library
- Research in Poland
- Lots of GREAT Schlesien information from Dr. Claus Christoph
Language and Languages
- Old Maps of Germany, Kingdom of Prussia, Europe
- Mapping Europe's Historic Boundaries and Borders
- Modern Polish online atlas
- Name mapping in Poland
- Volkswacht Breslau Newspaper available for the years 1891-1925.
- Database of Church records of Lauterbach and Langseifersdorf
- Historical Einwohnerbücher of Kreis Hirschberg im Riesengebirge
- Parish towns of Germans and Wends of the Lausitz Region
- Schweidnitz research
- Evangelical research in the Oberlausitz area
- Databank for Militsch, Wohlau-Steinau and Schlesien
- Excellent site for Kreis Lüban
- Oberschlesien research A listing of many websites, including address books of some cities, to help with research in this area.